Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Miracle….Race with time & Luck

Time running away
























This article was written 2 years back and I am re-posting it. This was my true experience, my interesting tale, my journey to Datta Meghe College of Engineering (DMCE)...
___________________________________________


I have been a witness to lots of miracles in my life and somehow they keep happening to me from time and again. The sole reason I am writing about this one is that I had promised myself that if the desired result is achieved than I will surely put it on my blog. So here it goes…...



Just few weeks back I had given an interview for the post of lecturer in Datta Meghe College of Engineering [DMCE]; I cleared the first round and was told to come for another [management round] in few days. I was happy, since after months of toiling hard and searching for a job of my interest I was a step closer to my dream. But couple of weeks passed by and there was no call whatsoever, on 22 Jan 2010 infuriated I called up the HOD to inquire about the status and his response was not so optimistic.

Fed up of my luck I got a TOI (Times of India) newspaper and searched for vacancies, and bingo there was a vacancy in Shah and Anchor College of Engineering [SACE] and interview was due on next day at 10:30am. With no other option I convinced myself to settle for what’s there up for the grab. So next day @ 10:05am I was in Chembur [SACE] and to my amzement I could only find myself for the interview so my confirmation here was obvious.

However I was still upset about the response from previous interview, more for not given a chance for another round just because I was not an Ex-student irked me!

And there my cell rang and it was the HOD [DMCE] himself asking me if I would be able to make for the interview by 11:00am. I had few seconds to decide; for me it was a last chance, and so began my race with time and my Luck!!

A beautiful eye showing watch
I took an Auto @ 10:20am for Kurla Station, after going through all the traffic and with my fingers crossed and praying within for this miracle to happen; luckily I reached station @ 10:32am. There I saw I fast local for Thane [10:35am] I had no time to take a ticket, so I had to take a risk of ticket less travelling, my heart still beating faster than normal. Through out the journey I was trying to calculate time required to reach, with different assumptions as if they were going to make a huge difference [these are something’s that we do more often to console and convince our stupid rational minds.]

As train reached Thane station @ 10:55am I was a happy man, but my happiness was short lived as there was no adjoining train for Airoli for next 10 minutes. I knew reaching 15 min late won’t make a huge difference but than I knew my luck can abdicate me anytime, so didn’t wanted to take any chance; but now I had no option either but to hope for the best. Finally I reached for the interview @ 11:20am offfffuu…I was there finally. Anyways I was the last candidate so I had 20 min to compose myself and prepare for this opportunity for which I had travelled like a crazy for last hour or so.

My name was called and in I went, the interviewer stated with his job more like a formality and within next 20 min I got the news, beginning of my new career field. Happier I was finally my luck stood by me when I needed it the most. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who had prayed and wished for me all through. I am a relived man now; my restless sleeps would be put to rest now finally….!!


-Aditya Kasar (AK)

Aditya Kasar





P.S: The images used is property of the rightful owner

4 comments:

  1. everyone has his or her ordeal with life.....
    and you have portrayed it wonderfully......

    way to go sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I do agree Jess.. But this was one of the most decisive juncture in my life which ascertained my place where I am in today. Even today when I recollect that very moment I feel the same thrill I had experienced years back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aditya, tht was a good one... I believe tht the more u trust your god, your luck stays with u at most times... Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading and commenting.. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you like the post, please feel free to write your review and suggestion here. I will be glad to hear from you.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Blogger Wordpress Gadgets